Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Update on Chewy

Chewy's head is still tilted to the left [slightly worse today] and her right eye continues to dart to and fro. She hops like she is about to topple over and has tripped quite a few times while getting in and out of her poo pan and cage. She has also stopped eating her pellets and she seems to be having difficulties drinking from the water dripper.  It is pretty heartbreaking to watch but at least I am glad she is still pretty alert and chomping down her hay and green vegetables. I will be monitoring her closely today and syringe feeding her water periodically so she does not get dehydrated.
Was expecting medication feeding time to be traumatic today but Chewy surprised me. She took all her meds without a struggle! I am really proud of her.  Hope she keeps this up and gets well soon! :)

4 comments:

sugarlens said...

I have my fingers crossed for Chewy. I know how hard it is to see your pet suffer. Couple of years ago, Pargo got sick and I took a sick day to be home with him. The day he fully recovered brought tears to my eyes. :)

knickknacks said...

It is really sad to see her like this. Poor girl. I wish she could talk and tell me how she is really feeling.

Zsuzsi said...

Poor Chewy, hopefully she will get better soon. Oh, and judging from the photo in the other post, she is a very pretty lady :)

knickknacks said...

Thanks, Zsuzsi! She is a very pretty lady. :) Very poise and a very good girl too!