Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's strawberry picking season!

Had to send hubby early to work today so I could go pick strawberries at a local pick-your-own farm with my friends and their kids. There were already many people there when we arrived and we were lucky to still have some strawberries left to pick. We were assigned two rows to pick from which yielded about 12 lbs of red, juicy strawberries.  Here are some pics of our mini-harvest:




Had an enjoyable morning and I sure wouldn't mind doing it again.
Next on the list: Apple picking! =)

4 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

Fresh, hand-picked strawberries are so delicious!

Love the blog layout as well, it's very cheerful and summery :)

knickknacks said...

Blogger just introduced some new template designs and I figured I could brighten up my blog a little.=)

sugarlens said...

Fruit-picking make great outings, but I hate all the bugs! Looks like your trip was....well, fruitful!

knickknacks said...

Come to think of it, we were so engrossed with the picking that we didn't notice any bugs! Either that or we must have trampled on them. hehe.