Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Random snippets

 * Have been so sleep-deprived caring for Chewy lately. Now I know how nursing mothers feel...

* Chewy's nystagmus and vertigo has improved but her head tilt has worsened. She now tumbles with every few steps she takes but she has also learnt to pick herself up (usually with a few more tumbles). She is obviously tired out by the constant falling but continues to be real trooper and hasn't given up on trying. Helps that she is eating/ drinking well and lapping up her medicine like a real sensible child would. Oh, I love her to bits and really hope she gets well soon!

* Alfonso is currently doing his first happy run in his play pen as I type which is a relief. We were worried that he might feel neglected and depressed with his companion sick and separated from him. It is really nice to see him happy. *phew!* =)

* I bought not one but two Kate Spade bags! (with hubby's approval of course!) They should be arriving sometime this week. Yay!

* With all the multi-tasking I've been doing lately, I needed to find a more efficient and quicker way to prepare my meals in the kitchen. An electric pressure cooker immediately came to mind - to have my food cooked in less than half the time as compared to conventional cooking methods and not needing to guard by the stove at the same time. Just what I needed! I did kinda regret not buying this Oneida OPC090M 5-Quart Stainless Steel Electric Multi-Pressure Cooker when it was on sale for a really good price. Then I came across this Salton CEPC600S 6-qt. Programmable Pressure Cooker for $39.99 which is really cheap. I like that it has a brown/steam function and a non-stick removable pan for easy cleaning.  I've already ordered it online and it should be arriving in a few days. Let's hope it is a good buy!

1 comment:

Zsuzsi said...

You've done some great shopping, I expect to see a photo of the bags :)
Give a hug to Chewy, I really hope she will be better soon, good thing she's fighting :)