Thursday, June 03, 2010

Blighted ovum

My first appt with my gynae didn't go so well today.
Basically, the pregnancy isn't happening. There is a growing amniotic sac but no fetus. Apparently, my baby has stopped developing at the embryonic phase weeks ago. This usually happens due to chromosomal abnormalities in the fertilized egg.
Am really not looking to the cramping and bleeding that is about to follow. I have been prescribed medication to help expedite this process and painkillers as well. It is not going to be pleasant but at least it will put a stop to all the preggy symptoms that I am still experiencing.
I'm sorry to have to share this bad news with you. But hey, life goes on. We'll wait a few months and then we shall go at it like bunnies again. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

sugarlens said...

Awww...I am SO sorry to hear this. :( I am really not sure what else to say except that I am sure you will have plenty of healthy babies in the future.

Take care of yourself, especially for the next few days.

knickknacks said...

Thanks, Joyce. I guess we just have to move on and try again when we are both ready. Hopefully, I will have good news to share in time to come. :)

Zsuzsi said...

I'm so sorry about this :( But you are right, life goes on and one never knows what wonderful surprises the future has in store for you!

mama bok said...

I am so sorry .. *hugggsss*!