Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 6 and counting...

4.30 am this morning saw me sitting in the bunnies' playpen and in tears. Chewy was having multiple episodes of vertigo since 1 am and it hadn't stopped. I was so exhausted but couldn't leave her alone in fear that she might end up hurting herself. I finally managed to get some sleep at around 5.30 am, feeling really defeated and wondering how long I'll be able sustain this level of care. I am practically spending all my time just watching over her and I'm even afraid to go to the bathroom sometimes. But I'm glad we've had really good advice and support from the people at Etherbun. It is comforting to know that bunnies who suffered similar illness as Chewy have come out of it well (even though it could take weeks sometimes months to see improvements). Hubs have also come up with a solution to allow us to catch some sleep tonight. We have padded all corners of the previous cage with a thick layer of fleece to allow Chewy to roll over it fairly safely. We are leaving the cage totally empty to prevent her from tripping & hitting against her food/ water bowls. It also means we'll have to get up periodically to feed her food and water. But hey, I'm not complaining considering what I had to go through the past few days! Oh, how I miss my bed! *Zzzz...*


Chewy in her "paralysed" state after an episode of vertigo and thrashing about in her newly padded cage.

1 comment:

sugarlens said...

You guys are such loving parents. Hope it gets better.