Friday, August 06, 2010

Nonya Bak Chang

The ladies gathered yesterday to make bak chang aka chinese glutinous rice dumplings! My all time favourite. I can practically eat them for every single meal without ever getting sick of them! *Yums!* Anyhoo, it was my first attempt at wrapping these dumplings and what mess I was. The lady who was teaching me truly had the utmost patience. Haha!
We had 2 pressure cookers so it really sped up our cooking alot. By the end of the day, we all had more than 10 dumplings to bring home each. And needless to say, I've had it for lunch, dinner and this morning's breakfast already!  Happy belly!  :)

Fillings made with pork, chestnut, mushroom...

2 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

They are very pretty, and look tasty, too! I would never be able to make anything like this, my hands are just not capable :D

sugarlens said...

This is probably my favorite food EVER! I wish I knew how to make them....but I heard they are very time-consuming. I especially like mine with an egg yolk.