Friday, August 13, 2010

My lonely bun

Alfonso has been appearing rather moody of late. Perhaps it is because I haven't been home much for the last two weeks. Or perhaps it has finally dawned on him that Chewy isn't coming back. Whatever the reason, we had to find ways to cheer him up. I've been tasked to come up with a solution that does not involve getting him a new companion. Alfonso has always shy away from us and hubs wants him to warm up to us first.
To begin with, Alfonso likes to hide in dark corners so I decided to incorporate that into his play area by simply pushed his cage closer to the fireplace which seems to be his favourite rest stop for now. I've added a box with two cut up holes for him to tunnel through and placed some hay & newspaper in it to entice him (yeah, he chomps while he reads ;)). I've also given him my "Be happy" bear for companionship and so far the arrangement seems to have perked him up significantly.

The new arrangement
Alfonso and his new friend at the fireplace

Will need to continue finding new ways to engage him but this should do for now. Looking forward to the day when he would consider us one of his kind...*boing boing*

No comments: