Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 8: Formation of Baby Tiger

By now, my little one has a brain and a heart that is fluttering. Tiny legs and hands/ arms begin to grow. Tiny ears and eyes are visible. It is also starting to develop a lung.
This week, that tiny tail starts to disappear. Bones begin to ossify. We start to see tiny fingers and toes and elbows and knees. The heart is getting more complex and that pretty little face starts to form. Well, bye bye sea creature! Hello big headed baby! =)

As for the mommy:
My hormones are completely out of whack.  Nausea plagues me day and night at random times. I have lost all appetite to the extent that even junk food does not appeal to me anymore! And I continue to sleep like an infant would. Hopefully these symptoms would disappear in a few weeks!

My first appointment with the Dr is next week. Keeping fingers crossed that all is smooth. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat of my little pea! =)

*Why Baby Tiger?  Because the little one should be born in the year of the tiger if all goes as planned. That would make the third tiger in my hub's family. Fierce, huh! Growl...;)

3 comments:

sugarlens said...

Ah, I remember this all too well. Do you think you are having a boy or girl? With similar symptoms as yours, family guessed I was having a boy. Of course they were wrong.

Yay for another baby tiger!

knickknacks said...

Haha..it must be like deja vu for you! :) Hubs thinks it might be a boy but we will happy with either a boy or girl.

Zsuzsi said...

Exciting! And Baby Tiger sounds so sweet!