Thursday, May 13, 2010

I have a life!

If I were a Sims character, my social bar would have been in full charge for the last few days.
Monday saw me hanging out with some friends at the local zoo. It was slightly chilly but the sun was out and entrance fee was waived for residents so what's not to like? :) My favourite animal - the darn cute sun bear! On Tuesday, I was introduced to the Singaporean housewives aka "Tai Tai" group in Cleveland. A lovely group of ladies who has made a home for themselves here.  We had lunch at a Japanese restaurant followed by more banter at one of the ladies' home till it was time for us to go home and fulfill our housewifey roles. I'm sure I will be seeing a whole lot more of them in the future. Yesterday, I met up with a colleague of mine from Singapore who is here on a one month clinical attachment. My husband was like "You are going out again?"  Well, I guess it is good that I'm actually having a bit of life here now. :)

4 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

Good for you! It's a lot easier to settle in a new place when you have things to do and friends of your own!!

sugarlens said...

You are a social butterfly! It's good to have so many activities to attend when you are at a brand new place.

mama bok said...

No more going out for a wee bit now.. :)

knickknacks said...

@ Sugarlens and Zsuzsi. Ya..it is important to have some form of social support here. At least I know I am not alone. :)

@ mamabok. Just a teeny weeny bit can lah! ;)