Sunday, May 09, 2010

Sorry for the lack of updates!

8 days away from home and I had to catch up with my laundry, tidying up the apt and grocery shopping (my fridge was depleted of any decent food)! Boston was great fun. My pregnant friend who is supposed to be homebound (imposed by her loving hubby) ended up walking a whole lot no thanks to me. Hehe. But seriously, I think the fresh air and exercise did her some good. She is starting to develop joint pain from lounging too much. Anyway, good news is that her first trimester is coming to an end so she'll be able to get out of her apt a lot more.
Met up with another friend of mine in Boston over the weekend.  Saturday was a perfect day for a walk through Boston common and the public garden. The flowers were in full bloom and everyone was out enjoying the blue skies and sunny weather. On Sunday, we set sail on a free 20 minutes sailboat ride in Boston Harbour provided by the Boston sailing center. It was loads of fun. We spent the remaining afternoon taking loads of photos walking through the financial district, Chinatown and finally landing ourselves with a little picnic at Boston Common.
I never did make it to Cambridge but I did get to hug the pillar of Harvard medical school. Perhaps my kid will have better luck than me in future!;)
Here are some pics from my walk in the garden. Enjoy! :)



3 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and the pictures are lovely! Welcome back to the blogosphere :)

sugarlens said...

Those tulips are so pretty and it looks like the weather cooperated!

knickknacks said...

@Zsuzsi. I sure did! :) Thanks!

@Sugarlens. The flowers were lovely and it was nice to see everyone out enjoying the good weather.

@Lydia. Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you more often! :)