Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The ultimate housewife test

Hubby had asked me yesterday if I was ready to host a dinner for the couple who had kindly offered us their place to stay when we first arrived in Cleveland. We had taken them out for dinner but I guess nothing beats having a nice home cooked meal. I love having friends over at my place and for the past years I have managed to get away with ordering in pizza or catering. I have only cooked once for a couple who helped to coordinate our wedding (even then I cheated by buying a ready cooked duck. :P). Well, it's not that I do not wish to cook. My biggest problem lies in meal planning - coordinating what needs to be prepared or cooked first so that everything is ready and served hot when the guests arrive. And being Chinese means having an innate need to serve up a feast when we do - something I can't quite live up to at this point. And what if the food turned out horrible in the last minute. (oh the horror!) I have not promised hubby a date yet but I guess this is one mental hurdle I will need to cross to officially join the ranks of those who proudly call themselves "The perfect housewife".

No comments: