Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hey...can you keep a secret? I'm into week 6 now. =)

On mother's day, about a week after my missed period, I carefully peed onto the pregnancy test strip for 10 seconds and replaced the cap as instructed.  I then went on to take a shower and when I was done, I closed my eyes and counted to three before I looked at the result. And there it was, a vague + sign but nonetheless still a + sign that is about to change our lives forever. Took me and hubs by surprise of course. We were trying for a child but we didn't expect the stock to deliver so soon!
Because of the vulnerability of early pregnancy, I have been sworn to secrecy by my family until my first trimester is up. I am totally bursting at the seams and I will go insane if I am to hold this piece of news in me any longer. So I have decided that you, my blog friends, shall be the first to know. You will hear about my incessant need to sleep, that nausea that seems to be building up in the last week, my change in appetite, all that crazy emotions and all things preggy. But you will bear with me, right? =)

There, I am so happy I shared!

6 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

Congratulations, that's fantastic news!!!! And yes, of course we will bear with you: this is actually really exciting :) (although I hope you won't be suffering too much from morning sickness and/or go completely crazy :D))
Once again, congratulations, hopefully everything will go really well!

mama bok said...

Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!! Very! very ! happy for you !!!

knickknacks said...

Thank you...thank you...thank you!!! :) Hubby was still in denial until he saw me retching over the toilet bowl yesterday. Haha!

sugarlens said...

YAY! Very exciting time! I hope you won't have too much of that icy morning sickness! Congrats! May I suggest getting all the sleep that you can now?

Is it going to be a January baby?

sugarlens said...

Oops, I meant to say icky.

Congrats again! I am looking forward in following your big journey with you! =]

knickknacks said...

@sugarlens. Thanks! It will most likely be a January baby right smack in winter! I have been sleeping so much these days that I feel totally dysfunctional. Will definitely be seeking you for advice soon! =)