Tuesday, November 09, 2010

To the White House and back! :)

It has been a good trip. :) There is really so much to see in DC and the best part of it - the attractions are mostly free! I visited 4 museums and spent a good half a day at the Holocaust museum. Even then, I did not manage to cover all the sections! Hubs was only available to hang out with me on the first day and I was subsequently on my own. Decided to take the old town trolley hop-on hop-off tour who worked out really well since it gave me a nice overview of the city and I got the second day pass free! Also got to know a new friend, Tatiana, a Russian lady who has just completed her Master's program here in the States and doing her bit of traveling before heading home by end of the year.
The highlight of my trip was of course my meet-up with fellow blogger, Sugarlens! :) It's really nice to be able to put a voice and real life figure to the blog I've been following for a while now.  Her little one, Anna, is still warming up to strangers and I'm glad she was not completely put off by my presence. In fact, I managed to get a few giggles out of her! And the two little doggies, Pesto and Pargo are such sweethearts and so well-behaved! I really hope we'll have a chance to meet up again in the near future - hubbies in tow! :)
It's back to the grind for now. Plenty of laundry and ironing awaiting me! *Grrr....!*

 Evidence to show that little Anna did warm up to me! ;)

4 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good time :) And Anna is so sweet, just looking at that photo makes me smile :D

knickknacks said...

She is adorable, isn't she? :)

sugarlens said...

Thanks again for hanging out with all of us! :)

knickknacks said...

Oh..it's my pleasure! Thanks for having me! :)