Thursday, November 11, 2010

Snapshots of DC

Pics of some of the places I visited. I would love to have gone up the Washington monument but the elevator broke down the first time and the tickets were all snapped up the second time I got there. Guess it was not meant to be but I did get the second best view of DC from the Old Post Office instead. My favourite attractions have got to be the Washington National Cathedral and the Library of Congress. Absolutely stunning architecture and interior. Wish I had more time to spend in there!

2 comments:

sugarlens said...

It has been years since I went up to the Washington Monument. Apparently, the viewing area is a lot better now. I like DC because nearly everything is free...although not always that exciting anyway. And it looks like you hit all the major spots!

knickknacks said...

Yup, I did managed to squeeze in quite a bit in those few days! I do need another trip to finish all the museums though! And I have yet to step into the White house and Capitol building.