Saturday, September 04, 2010

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...

Hubby has been grumbling that I've not been experimenting with my cooking as much since I started the culinary class. Honestly, it's a little a hard considering 1) the first module was mainly on knife skills, sanitation and salads 2) it can get pretty tiring thinking of new things to cook everytime. Well, good news is we are moving on to meat and poultry in our second module so that should be pretty useful knowledge to translate to homecooking.
To appease my husband in the meantime, I've agreed to try out at least one new cuisine a week. Basically, he names what he wants and I'll do my best to produce it. (No guarantee on the outcome of course! ;))
Last week, it was Thai and Mexican. I made Thai green chicken curry with rice and decided to try my hand at mango sticky rice for the first time. The taste was right  but alas my rice came out way to sticky. I will have to work on getting the right rice consistency the next time. Hubby liked it though..so phew!

 For the Mexican meal, there was baked nachos with chicken/jalapenos/tomatoes and cheese , ground beef with refried beans, chicken fajita mix and cheese quesadillas. I used ready seasoning for the meat so the meal wasn't too difficult to prepare and hubby loved it!

 My challenge for this week is Lebanese! Let's hope it turns out right!

4 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

Can I move to your house and eat all your oh so yummuy-looking food?
I wish my boyfriend was like that, willing to try new cuisines: he's the pickiest eater ever, and he also refuses to try anything new (and doesn't eat any veggies either).
Btw, I'd recommend trying Georgian food (from the country, not the state), it's delicious!

knickknacks said...

I would love having you over! :) *Beware..not all my food are humanly edible though! ;)
Will have to go look up what Georgian food is all about! What's good to try?

sugarlens said...

Oh WOW. Can I move in as well?

knickknacks said...

Most definitely! :) Make sure you bring Anna along!