Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Hey there stupid....O.H.I.O"

Okay, so that was what I heard at the baseball game and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why a State would want to call itself stupid. The song has been stuck in my head since and I just had to find the lyrics. Well, it turns out to be Ohio's State official rock song - Hang on Sloopy (Not "Hey there stupid..." Oops!), a big hit for the band The McCoys in 1965. Pretty catchy song I must say.  Well, at least now I can join in the singing!  "Hang on Sloopy. Sloopy, hang on. O.H.I.O!" ;)
Here's the original version by the McCoys:

2 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

To me it sounds like they're singing about Snoopy ;) It's a catchy tune, though.
There's something for you in my blog.

Have a nice weekend!

knickknacks said...

Haha! Yeah..it does sound like snoopy! ;)