Monday, September 13, 2010

This week in a nutshell

...Culinary class - Things are starting to warm up in the kitchen. We are finally moving on to fish, meat and poultry! Yay! (fr. the carnivore in me)
...Orientation for my volunteer work- I'll be helping out at the Botanical Gardens for a once off event and I've also committed to volunteering at the Playhouse Theater at least once a week. I've always wanted to be involved in the theater in one way or another and what better time than this! I'm required to don a bright red blazer at work but who cares if I get to watch all the musicals and plays for free! ;)
...Free trolley rides at the Sparx city hop
...A nice lunch at Melt Bar and Grilled - Hubs has been wanting to go there for the longest time but it was always so packed with people. Anyway, we finally made it there for lunch today and it certainly did not disappoint. Reasonable prices, huge portions & really yummy!

My half eaten blackened chicken with grilled peppers & onions, provolone. Mmm...

3 comments:

sugarlens said...

I've always heard that Cleveland is such a dreary place to be, but you are def making the most out of it. Wish I could take some cooking classes too.

STYLIZIMO said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog:)

In the smoothie I have strawberries, raspberries, some ananas to make it sweet, then blueberries for the lovely purple color! It is worth a try :)

OMG! I get so hungry when I enter this blog! Everything look so gooood! :)

Hugs,
Nina

Zsuzsi said...

Enjoy your week! :)