Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life as you want it

On the day you were born, you begin to die. Do not waste a single moment more - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

Lately, I've been thinking about how short life really is and how I've been living mine thus far. All that studying, work (oh the work!), more studying, more work, marriage, family obligations and never ending commitments! Just thinking about the past few decades of my life makes me breathless! I have been so caught up in meeting up with societal expectations that I forget about - myself. Well, I have decided I am not going to rush through life like a headless chicken any longer. From now on, I will do things that makes me happy at my own pace. Of course, family and friends will continue to have their opinions on how I should be living my life - I am expected to get my licensing exam done asap, find a job here as a PT and earn loads of money. Oh, and in between doing all that, I am supposed to have a baby too. But honestly, I am blanking them out and it helps that they are all so far away now. I will decide for myself what I want to do when I want to do them (sounds familiar, Zsuzsi? ;)). And right now, all I want to do is sit here with my freshly brewed cup of tea and blog. Ha!

1 comment:

Zsuzsi said...

Good for you! This sounds soo familiar. We often forget about ourselves when we are trying to please others and live according to their expectations, but I believe (as you already know), that in order to be truly happy (and make others happy), we need to follow our hearts.

There is a time for everything, so listen to your heart and... enjoy the tea :)