Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Things to do now that you're retired...


Well, not that I am of that age yet but this book was given to me as a going away pressie before I left for the States. It's sort of like a bucket list with nice little quotations and suggestions on things to do - some of which are not quite applicable to me at this stage in life. I've started putting my own little inputs in it and hopefully I'd be able to achieve most of what's mentioned within when I reach a good old age!


As of now, the few things that I would really want to do include:
1. Have a baby (If that doesn't pan out, I'd be turning my home into a mini animal shelter! Ha!)
2. Do a Spanish immersion programme in either Spain or South America
3. Be involved in a musical or play (I don't care if I only get to be a prop on stage).
4. Volunteer (I've already signed up and waiting to start! :))
5. Career Switch (Okay, I'm still not too sure about this yet. I know a physical therapist job pays really well here but a change would be nice. Then again, perhaps being a homemaker counts? ;))

2 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

That was a nice gift and you have a great list. Enjoy doing everything you want now that you have the time :)

sugarlens said...

I am with Zsuzsi - enjoy your time now. Once that baby comes...OMG. You have been warned. :)