Friday, April 16, 2010

Overdose on DVDs

For the past few weeks I have been doing quite a bit of catching up on the movies I have missed previously.  And all for free! (thanks to the local library) Well, here's the list:

1. Definitely, Maybe (Widescreen) : A typical feel good chick flick.
2. The Darjeeling Limited:My friend recommended this but it turned out to be really slow and boring. *yawn*
3. Confessions of a Shopaholic: This one got me in the shopping mood! Ah the wonders of retail therapy....
4. He's Just Not That Into You: Wonderful cast but unfortunately I was just not that into the movie. ;)
5. Revolutionary Road: Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. This one was positively depressing and really painful to watch. I would say give it a miss.
6. Inglourious Basterds (Single-Disc Edition): Many, many thumbs up for this film! Highly suspenseful and great fun to watch if you don't mind a bit of gore. And it has my favourite man...Brad Pitt. *Drool*
7.Up in the Air: This one starring George Clooney had raving reviews online so I was mildly disappointed when it did not meet up to that expectation. But it is still a good movie to watch and it did make me feel a little wistful towards the end.
8. The Reader: Plenty of Kate Winslet and some young man in the nude.  It is rather slow moving but it had me emotionally.  Definitely worth a watch.
9. Slings & Arrows: The Complete Collection: This Canadian production TV series is really enjoyable and hilarious! A definite must see especially if you are a fan of Shakespeare. (Featured plays: Hamlet, Macbeth & King Lear). Too bad it only ran for 3 short season.
10. Divina Confusion (Spanish): Okay, you can definitely give this one a miss...

Am currently looking for some good foreign films to watch.  Worlds Apart seems interesting enough but I have yet to find it in the library. Any other good recommendations?

6 comments:

sugarlens said...

My hubs and I LOVED Up in the Air.

Do you like scary/thriller movies? Try Orphan.

knickknacks said...

Thanks! I do not like watching scary movies alone though! Will have to convince hubs to watch it with me! :)

Zsuzsi said...

Have you watched Pan's Labyrinth or Transsiberian? Anything by Krzysztof Kieslowski is wonderful as well... or you could try Lilya 4-ever.

knickknacks said...

Pan's Labyrinth is one of my favourite Spanish movies! =)
Will see if I can get my hands on Transsiberian and Lilya 4-ever. Thanks! :)

mama bok said...

You watched more movies than I .. and we owned a video store.. muahahah!! how can eh..! hahah!

knickknacks said...

@mamabok. You busy mom and working mah! I am too free now. hehe!