Sunday, April 04, 2010

Crappy, crappy day

Yesterday was such a horrible day. Started out on the wrong foot with our encounter with a stoopid traffic police. We had overlooked and parked right next to a fire hydrant. I had come out of the car first and was gathering the books and DVDs to return to the library when the police officer asked me if I could see what was in front of me. When I realised our mistake I asked hubs to back up and thanked him for pointing it out to us. That was when he accused me of seeing it but not doing anything about it. The truth was I really didn't see it and that totally pissed me off. Which idiot would park next to a fire hydrant knowingly with a traffic police standing right in front of them?!! Anyway, so that kinda ruined the morning for me. The good thing was he did not issue us a ticket so I guess we should be thankful for that.
We then had lunch at Mama Santa's Restaurant and Pizzeria at Little Italy which is supposed to serve the best pizza around here. This was what we had.


Can't say it is the best pizza we have tasted but it was still pretty good.
That was uneventful and we headed home after.
Then came evening when I had to practise the maneuvering for my driving test. Hubs had insisted that I bring the test forward to next Sat which kinda freaked me out. I am not someone who can maneuver very well which explains why my parking still sucks to this day and I haven't really had a chance to practise at all! And it didn't help that I was rolling over the cones many times yesterday! So the session ended with me and hubs arguing and me in tears. Boo.
I am going to give it one more go today. If I am still not confident, I will postpone the test. Wish me luck!
Let's hope today would be a better day.

2 comments:

sugarlens said...

I hope your driving test goes well. As a fellow driver who can't park, I know exactly how you feel.

knickknacks said...

Hehe..thanks!:) My second practice was a lot better. I just hope to get it over and done with!