Monday, April 26, 2010

And the housewife spends...

I was trying to decide on a gift for my pregnant friend in Boston and figured it was time to hit the malls. So I went shopping yesterday.  My first stop was Famous Footwear. Nothing to do with pregnancy but they were having a storewide sale and it was really hard to resist. Some of the shoes were really pretty and I would have gotten quite a few pairs if I hadn't stop to remind myself that 1) I am a homemaker 2) I am spending hubby's hard earned money 3) I do not have that many occasions or the friends to hang out so often with over here. After spending like forever in there, I finally landed myself with this pair of sandals for only $15 (original $54.99)  and they are really comfortable. I just had to get it when a lady passing by stopped to comment on how cute they looked on me.

Next, I headed to T.J. Maxx. I love shopping here because they always seem to have something for me from kitchenware to clothing. Got myself a pretty floral scrub for the toilet, a set of 6 drinking glasses for only $3.50, a bright yellow tote bag (I am not usually into yellow but it is Spring after all) and a few casual tops. And then I realised I haven't gotten anything for my friend! haha. I finally ended up buying a really comfortable leopard print travel pillow for her to travel in style with. She will certainly be needing all the comfort she can get when she flies back to Singapore during her second trimester. Well, I hope she likes it! :)

3 comments:

sugarlens said...

I can spend hours at TJ Maxx. There are so much to see.

I don't really like shoe shopping. I wear my shoes until they have holes in them. Even then I still wear them...until hubs tells me to throw them away. He's always nagging me to get new shoes.

Good job on finding that $15 bargain!

knickknacks said...

I have a soft spot for shoes and dresses and I will always gravitate towards them in the mall.The only thing that stops me from buying way too many pairs of shoes is my big toe. It sticks out and causes me much agony when I go shoe shopping. Most shoes simply don't fit very well. But I guess that can be a good thing for my wallet too! :)

Zsuzsi said...

Heh. Well, sometimes you need to treat yourself, and those shoes ARE lovely. They seem quite comfy as well :)
I always find a reason to treat myself, definitely not good for my wallet :D