Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When you know you have done something right...


"I guess it's because we all wanna believe that what we do is very important. That people hang on to our every word, and they care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occassionally get to make someone, anyone, feel a little better..." - Scrubs

Woke up this morning to a nice email from a previous staff who had returned to Hong Kong to her family after spending a year working with us. She has been hired by a private hospital with a very attractive salary and is writing to thank me. "I did very well in their interview, becoz they asked me everything that you have taught me, including clinical materials and how to deal with patients' complaints! I really want to say a big "Thank you" to you!"
This last episode of scrubs mirrored how I felt when I left work. Well, it's nice to know that I have made a difference in someone's life. However small it is.

No comments: