Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Pressure is On....

After months of procrastination, it is finally happening. We are inviting 4 guests over to our place for dinner this Friday and I will be cooking. To tell you the truth, I feel as if I am about to take a culinary exam. I am sticking to tried and tested recipes and I already have my menu planned and typed out. But...what if I can't find the ingredients I need? What if one of my electric cooker decides to break down at the last minute? What if there is insufficient food to go around? What if my food turns out like crap??! :S
Seasoned homemakers will probably look at this post and think "It's just a simple dinner. What's the big deal, anyway?" Well, it's a mental barrier I need to overcome and hopefully I will gain enough confidence to start cooking for other people other than my guinea pig - my hubby. ;) *fingers crossed*

3 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

The first time is always the worst one, but remember how good you will feel when it's over, knowing that you made a delicious dinner and that everybody enjoyed themselves :)

sugarlens said...

Can't wait to see your menu and the results. Take pictures and good luck!

knickknacks said...

Hehe, thanks! Will try to take some pics on Friday!