Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Culinary Bootcamp!

Escoffier Hollandaise sauce / Roux/ Temperature danger zone (40 - 140 degrees F)/ Clean chopping board between cutting meat and poultry. Prevent cross contamination!/ On Cooking: A Textbook of Culinary Fundamentals/ BlanchingSave those broccoli stems! / Vegetable trimmings for stock

Those were some random things I picked up from my first lesson at the community college last evening.  Figured if I'm to be a homemaker, I might as well get the fundamentals right. By the end of this module, I should be working those knives and cooking like a pro (not!). Heh. Anyway,  it's high time I assimilate into the community and make some new friends too. *Exciting. Exciting!*

4 comments:

sugarlens said...

I've always wanted to take a class on cooking! Hope you will blog more about your sessions. =}

knickknacks said...

Will do! =)

Zsuzsi said...

Sounds exciting!! :) But I wonder how this will end, all the food you're showing in your blog already looks so delicious.....
Enjoy the classes :D

knickknacks said...

You should see the culinary faux pas I commit! And I can be totally inefficient and an absolute mess in the kitchen! Trust me, I need classes.;)