Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gah!

I've been keeping my pole dancing hobby from my in laws because I didn't think they would be too approving of a dance traditionally associated with sleaze & striptease. And then my sis had to leak out that piece of infor to my bro-in-law over lunch recently. *Argh!* Apparently my stupid BIL was grinning from ear to ear! He is so going to give me a hard time now! *dies*

Anyhoo, contrary to what most people perceive pole dancing to be, it is really more of a dance and gymnastic combined. I have never done this much flexibility and weight training (my entire weight against gravity!) in my life! While I am nowhere near sexy while performing the moves, it has certainly improved my overall posture and fitness. Most importantly, I really look forward to every single lesson which equates to compliance to exercise! For someone who hardly exercise, I think this should do me some good for now. (Well, provided I do not end up with a spinal cord or head injury!) ;P

No comments: