Sunday, September 03, 2006

Practicality and familarity Vs stylishness

About a year ago, hubby had gotten me a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7 in replacement of my Canon Powershot A60 that had gone cranky. The Lumix is very sleek, comes in my favourite colour (blue) and has a lovely wide screen which captures the scenes beautifully. But for some strange reasons, it simply does not gel with me and the pictures have not been turning out right especially in lowlight settings. I was rather upset when my pictures for our recent dinner and dance turned out with a distinct orange hue. Maybe it's because I haven't ploughed through the user guide sufficiently (I hate reading manuals!) but I've never had any issues with my Canon Powershot (my virgin digital camera). I decided I wanted my good ol' Canon Powershot back. Yesterday, after seeing the promotions in the newspapers, hubby and I dropped by Courts (didn't want to squeeze with the crowd at Comex) and got me this...



See the huge grin on my face now? :D

3 comments:

BloatedTomato said...

Good for you! For me, I prefer old familiar settings too. Seems like we're not cut out to be good change agents!

knickknacks said...

I can be a real mule at times! I suspect all I need to do is to read the darn manual and the camera will work just fine. Terrible, isn't it? :P

BloatedTomato said...

dun worry. you are not alone. I hate to read manuals too!