Sunday, September 17, 2006

Conversation with the taxi driver

On my way to the baby shower yesterday...

Taxi driver (looking in rear view mirror): Are you a student?
Me: No, I'm working.
Taxi driver: Are you sure? You look like a student.
Me: Yes, I am sure. I've been working for x years.
Taxi driver: What?! you sure or not? Did you start work straight after primary school?
Me (#@&!): Uncle, you think I sell drinks one, issit? (wanted to say something a little more inappropriate but I managed to exercise some self restraints. heh.) No, I worked after I graduated from uni.
Taxi driver: Wah! I really "siao kan" (underestimated) you. So...it must be very difficult for you to get promoted looking so young, hor?
Me: #@&%!

6 comments:

Klr said...

Huh.

BloatedTomato said...

haha. I totally understand how you feel. People say the same about me too. I was in KL for training recently and some colleagues whom I've never met asked if I was fresh from school. Take it as a compliment girl! we'll be thankful in another 10 years' time!

knickknacks said...

Well, I guess...but the taxi driver was sure annoying the hell outta me!:P

Anonymous said...

Why are men always hitting on you?! Don't they know that you're married? Who the heck wants to date a married woman. Ewww!

Ha ha . . . just kidding. I think. No, actually, I'm not kidding. The very thought of dating a married woman sends chills up my spine, especially if the woman is from Singapore. I mean, dating a married American woman is pretty nasty. But a married Singaporean woman is so . . . UGH!

No, really, I'm kidding. You're a sweet gal, Knickknacks. You have a great sense of humor, too. So I know that you didn't take the second paragraph seriously at all. Unless you are one of those sensitive-type of women who will cry when they see a sleeping kitten or one of those commercials on television where a women comes home to find the husband in an apron making dinner (and the commercial is for dish wash soap).

knickknacks said...

What do you know about dating a married American woman, huh? *evil grin*
So when are you going to start blogging again, big R? :)

Anonymous said...

Once I have some time . . . maybe when the kids graduate from college. Also, I have to keep watch of the kids from my previous marriage. They can be a handful, too.