Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Refresh button

I wish I have that function incorporated in me. To push a button and feel absolutely rejuvenated again. But alas, I am only human. Took a day off from work today to recharge my dying cells. But it is hard to rest when there is a ton of things to do: Worked on my research in the morning (ya lor, still must go to workplace!). Came home. Showered. Slept for 1.5 hours. Read the newspaper. Washed 3 loads of laundry. Scrubbed the toilet. Mopped the kitchen floor. Cleaned up my computer desktop. Surfed the web. Panicked when my computer screen started flickering (unlike my hubby who is computer savvy, I have zero backup for my computer data. :P). Thankfully, flickering stopped when I restarted the computer. Started uploading pics to Kodak gallery just in case. Prepared dinner. And now, I wait patiently for my man to return home....(followed by more washing, ironing...yada..yada..yada..)

So much for recharge and unwind hor?

What I need is a real holiday...

5 comments:

BloatedTomato said...

You poor thing.. that really doesn't sound like a rest day!
you should perhaps take a real day off, a day with no chores, no work, no errands. maybe spend half a day in the spa and the other half having afternoon tea or just lazing around at home with your favourite book or dvd. You definitely deserve a good break!

knickknacks said...

Got someone in to clean my place yesterday. :) $30 in exchange for a good afternoon sleep was well worth it!

BloatedTomato said...

is she good? I'm looking for a part-time maid. thinking of sacking mine coz she's terrible

knickknacks said...

She is not too bad but she currently has a full time job as a hospital attendant. She's only doing it as a favour for me. Am also thinking of looking for a more regular part-time cleaner.

BloatedTomato said...

oic. you should... weekends are too precious to be spent on household chores.