Sunday, July 02, 2006

Procrastination is the name of the game

I've been sitting here for the last 10 minutes wondering if I should bring my sorry ass to work or just spend the day cleaning up my now very filthy home. The one week break hasn't done me any good. In fact, I feel more tired out - it's the need to "squeeze in more work because I have more time" but then I ended up feeling "hey, why am I not getting anywhere with these stuff?!". It becomes both a physical and mental torture and I'm just completely drained.

To summarise what I have achieved in the past week:
1. Recruited 7 patients for my study and spent an afternoon going through patients old notes to sieve out additional infor I needed.
2. Went shopping and bought hubby some casual wear and a birthday present for Ms GYM.
3. Bought myself a dress and a pair of sports shoes (I've been coerced into running the Safra 10 km marathon this August).
4. Spent a morning at Ikea looking for lamps but ended with only bookends and a storage box.
5. Spent a whole day with Ms GYM for her birthday followed by henna party at AJ's.
6. Met up with an old friend on Friday for lunch. Congrats on the baby! :D Went home after for new bookshelf delivery and spent sometime reorganising the books on the shelves.
7. Did the laundry.
8. Wedding dinner last night. (Am having another wedding dinner this Saturday. Gonna be dead broke.)

What I haven't done:
1. Finalise details to my database excel spreadsheet.
2. Buy a lamp for our master bedroom.
3. Sew on buttons that have fallen off hubby's shirt and my pants.
4. Clean the apt and iron the laundry.
5. More work that boss has happily piled on my plate.

Hmmm...looks like I probably should stay home today and finish up points 1, 3-5, right? *pouts*

2 comments:

BloatedTomato said...

thought that's already quite a good achievement in a week! well.. at least u organised your shelves, did some fruitful shopping, and completed some work!

just thinking if i had a week's break, it'd just be blogging, sleeping, swimming, tv, and computer.. *look down in shame*

knickknacks said...

I could do with a little more time though...*sigh*