Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moving with the winds [of change].... Again!

Here's the news - we are packing our bags and heading home in less than 2 months! Yup, you heard right. We are going back to our tiny little island. Crazy, eh? It's all good really. Opportunity knocks for hubby and it would be a waste not to answer it. In all that excitement, I've also decided to venture out of my comfort zone and have applied for a managerial role in another institution back home. I've been in one organization all my life and I think it is time to move on. Well, I guess it is now or never. Fingers crossed that I get the job! :)
Busy past weeks and I was often in a daze. I had to work out the list of stuff we needed to sell, pack & ship. I went into an online shopping frenzy for work clothes and shoes. Made a last minute trip to NY with my friends just last week and am planning a 2 weeks US trip with my mum this April. I have also volunteered for a week long of the Cleveland Film Fest this month (& catching as many films as I can), so that leaves me with very little time. But things are moving along which is good. Honestly, I am a little halfhearted about going back to pressure cooker land but at the same time, I'm excited to be able to work again. I think I've had enough fun for now. ;)

3 comments:

Zsuzsi said...

Seems like you're living in exciting times :) Fingers crossed that you'll get the job!
(oh and Russia is lovely, a bit crazy but absolutely amazing)

sugarlens said...

Wow big news! No wonder you have been MIA. Best of luck with everything! Where are you guys going in April?

knickknacks said...

@Zsuzsi. Thanks! :)

@Sugarlens. Thinking of taking my mum to NY, Boston, Montreal & Niagara falls and spend a few days in Cleveland itself. It's going to be a pretty tight schedule! :)