Thursday, December 09, 2010

All squishy and slushy

We had it bad in Cleveland yesterday - weather wise. Snow was pouring down on us for hours due to the lake effect and traffic was practically on a standstill everywhere just after noon. Hubs only came home past 11 pm after the traffic was decidedly better in our area. I was glad I get to stay home although I couldn't resist running out in the cold to snap a few pics. My friend and I had also paid for a historic warehouse tour in downtown last evening but there was no way we could have made it there. People were trapped in the traffic for hours at end going nowhere. Unfortunately, we were told that we'll not be getting a refund as it was also meant to be a fund raising event. But it is a good $60 and honestly, they might as well go rob someone! I am still hoping to get some money back. *fingers crossed*
Otherwise, weather is looking more promising today. A few flurries but nothing as bad as yesterday. I can finally make a trip to the supermarket today. My fridge is practically empty now!

Hope the weather is better on your side! Keep warm and drive carefully, everyone! :)

No comments: