Wednesday, February 03, 2010

So long, farewell...

It helps that my leaving the department was a fairly quiet affair. I was afterall only going away on 3 years no pay leave. So no goodbye gifts and no farewell speech which I was kinda glad since I am not good with farewells. My own team did a little surprise dinner for me (which I discovered b4 they could surprise me. ha ha!) and they took turns to say nice things about me which was really sweet. =) Had a little party at my place for my colleagues on Sunday as well. And as I waved goodbye to my last guest that night, it suddenly dawned on me that things will never be the same again. I know I will never come back to doing the same work and I am indeed moving on to the next phase of my life. As I walked up the road back to my apartment, I looked up at the barren tree set against the backdrop of a full moonlight and I felt a modicum of sadness...

2 comments:

sugarlens said...

At least you can take comfort that you WILL be back to Singapore one day...

I hope you enjoy the next chapter in your life!

knickknacks said...

Thanks Joyce! I sure will and perhaps it is a good time to join you in the ranks of motherhood! Wish me luck! =)