Sunday, June 10, 2007

Losing my sanity

I've not been sleeping well lately. I feel like absolute crap after work each day and then I go to bed early only to find myself waking up in the middle of my sleep thinking of more work. Had to deal with a series of unfortunate events concerning a few of my staff lately (one after another!) and all that fire fighting has seriously taken a toll on my mental health. That on top of me having to orientate two newly joined fresh grads. And worse of all, I have been tasked to sit in with big boss and HR on Monday to do something that will probably haunt me for quite a while - we are letting someone go and the person does not even know it yet. It is not a pleasant thing to do but sadly, the person has no more saving grace.

I am losing my sanity over work and I am not sure it is even worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..!! having one of those days eh..?? keep that chin up..!! and try your best to relax.. not worth all the emotional baggage after coming home.

knickknacks said...

I'm glad it's all over! I just hope it ends here...I really don't think I am in the right frame of mind to handle another such cases.