Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Restless

That pretty much sums up the way I feel since I submitted my thesis (results still pending). I've had my fun in the past weeks - I got to catch up with friends I've neglected for a while...hosted a chocolate fondue cum pizza party at my place...watched a dance *dreamy sigh*...shopping,shopping and more shopping! (Really gotta watch that spending!)...laughed ourselves hoarse at the one night stand bar and comedy club...attended the wedding of my ex-boyfriend (together with hubs, mum and granny and we got to sit with the relatives! *hehe*)...and I also fell really sick for the first time in years on Deepavali. Food poisoning - puked my guts out and had to spend the entire day confined to the bed and the sofa. *ugh!*
NOW, the restless bit comes from work. With time in my hands again, I start to re-examine my life and goals and suddenly, I find myself in want of a career change. No, it's not that I don't enjoy my work but I feel that my career has reached a plateau. Am thinking of dabbling in some full time admin or teaching for a change - view things from a different perspective perhaps...
Oh well, I don't know...just restless...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. KK,
I guess there comes a time.. when everyone feels .. stagnant with what one is doing. Unfortunately, not everyone is lucky enough to just up and change.. and persue .. their dreams. So if you can .. do it.. or if you do not have financial commitment.. then i say go for it.. ;) good luck..!!

Anonymous said...

Your former boyfriends must still like you since they are inviting you to their weddings. Is this the . . . what? . . . fourth wedding of a former boyfriend you have attended?

knickknacks said...

Mamabok: I am still undecided. *sigh* My friends think that a baby might solve this restlessness of mine! haha. :)

m: Haha. I wish I was that attractive to have sooo many boyfriends! But yes, we all still get along just fine..:)

Anonymous said...

Why don't you start a hedge fund called "Knickknackery Singapore Global Trust" or something like that? You'll make lots of money and you can start buying lots of shoes. You can also change your hairstyle every day because you'll be alble to afford it.

Anonymous said...

m, you are so silly! sometimes I can't stand you! why are you visiting my page?! didn't I tell you that I have enough admirers in my life. i really don't need another . . . okay, one more won't hurt. you stink.