Monday, August 07, 2006

We're going to Turkey!

Hubby has a conference in Istanbul this September and I'll be tagging along! *yippee!* I've been made to plan the itinerary since I'm on leave this week. Managed to find a useful travel planner online, along with lonely planet, to help me with the planning. This being my second time there (first time for hubby), I'll definitely try to squeeze in a turkish bath (freaked out the last time when I realised the masseur was a huge naked woman! Scary...) and watch a whirling dervishes ceremony if possible (we chose to watch belly dancing instead years back). Can't wait! My much much needed break! My Master's thesis should be completed by then, I hope! *Keeping fingers crossed* :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you ..!! hope you have a great time..! you sure deserve it..!

BloatedTomato said...

so exciting! turkey is a beautiful place. I went there last year and I loved it. Would love to go back again.

have you tried the hot air balloon in Capadocia? If you haven't, should try! It is the most unforgetable experience I've ever had, and the scenery is just so breathtaking. very very romantic :)

knickknacks said...

OH..I sooo wanna try that! But hubby gave me the "Wah! 230 euro each?!?" So much for romanticism ...*sigh*

BloatedTomato said...

I dun remember paying that much for it. Think it was like US$150 per pax, for the shortest duration (think it's ~ 45 mins if i rem correctly). Different balloon operators charge different prices, so you gotta ask your guide for the best deal.

But the experience is really out of the world! Much much better than those in AU and NZ. It was the best thing I remembered of my trip. Imagine the sunrise and you get to witness the first ray of light shining across the land of fairy chimneys. Very very unforgetable and beautiful. Up to now I still think my US$300 was well-spent :)

knickknacks said...

Oh...must do my homework then. We might get to do it after all! Thanks! *grin*